Libertyville High School hosts its annual art show

Welcome to the 2024 Art Show at Libertyville High School! The show, which occurs each year at the end of second semester, showcases artwork from students in art elective classes, including AP Portfolio, whose students displayed their work in their own separate booths. Different mediums such as pottery, glass blowing, metalsmithing, acrylic, and much more are displayed throughout the Main Gym, where the show is held. (Ella D’Amore)
Sat atop a lighted podium, a student is being sketched by his friends and AP art students. This podium is assembled each year in the annual art show and is a popular attraction for all students. (Ella D’Amore)
A large square painting of a tiger by junior Rishi Tipparti is advertised for sale in the silent auction. Art students choose whether or not they would like to sell their artwork every year. (Ella D’Amore)
Senior and AP Portfolio student Leah Chung stands next to her work. Chung’s favorite painting is an acrylic piece of senior Callum O’Sullivan, unrelated to her portfolio. “It took me three months,” she said. “I worked on it into the summer.” (Molly Allen)
Senior Alaina Weiss’ portfolio booth showcases many different works she has created throughout the year. Weiss states in her artist’s statement that she “immortalizes objects that she finds beautiful and complex.” (Ella D’Amore)
Senior Sophia Weick is one of various elective art students whose work is posted up on displays around the Main Gym. Weick has multiple works in the show. (Ella D’Amore)
Senior Elm Houglum sits at their portfolio booth, which includes a large piece dubbed “Big Bertha” by the AP Portfolio class. Hoglum’s piece was popular amongst show-goers, due to its sheer size and usage of ties. (Ella D’Amore)
Sophia Frecking sits with her artwork, with many pieces depicting concerts or self portraits. “I like doing watercolor,” she said. “It’s a new medium for me, so I liked experimenting with it.” (Molly Allen)
Students stop by to admire junior Ava Koot’s portfolio, featuring various pieces exploring the imagination a child has. Ava uses numerous materials to explore 3-dimensional art, along with other works in paper and pencil. (Molly Allen)
Senior Emma Erisman’s portfolio consists of large pieces of many different styles and mediums, a number of which are realism. (Molly Allen)
Students gather in senior Lou Matulenko’s booth as they sketch and chat with them. (Molly Allen)
Junior Rishi Tipparti’s portfolio presents a digitally-drawn poster campaign advocating against sexual assault and harassment, as well as other traditional pieces, unrelated to her portfolio. (Molly Allen)